Monday 16 March, 2009

Crossroads

I see a road that's long and straight
As far as my sight allows, there is nothing bright,
There is another which is winding tight
To go on this would need all my wit and might.

The former needs a lot out of me
I'd have to change or let it be,
My senses tells me to take on this
for my mind has what it takes for this.

While my instinct asks that I take the turn
Ride along and enjoy the view,
The pleasure in it is worth the burn
Hold on, for my strength is true

Oh my mind, tell me, why are the crossroads here?
Wasn't I just smoothly sailing by,
Right in the middle of nowhere
forcing me to pause and wonder why.

There is but one choice today to make
For surely, the other is closed forever
Now to decide which one to take
Walk on one and the other is never.

The crossroads are here today
Standing onboard the scale of time
I can't now get out and wait
Yes finally whatever it is, the choice is mine.

No comments: